alwaysAI is located in San Diego, with our headquarters in the beautiful Solana Beach neighborhood.
We leverage San Diego’s incredible intersection of mobility, big data, and neuroscience communities – all critical to the future of artificial intelligence and computer vision.
And yes, we also like to surf the amazing waves on San Diego’s north coast
Join the alwaysAI team and apply today
Thanks for your interest in alwaysAI. We are always looking for new talent across engineering, marketing, and sales. View our current job openings below and apply on LinkedIn.
alwaysAI is a software company located in San Diego focused on bringing deep learning computer vision (CV) to the edge – where work and life happens. We make building and deploying CV applications on IoT devices extremely easy and affordable.
As a fast growing post-Series A startup, we are heavily focused on product innovation and building our developer and partner communities. Our ground-breaking deep learning CV platform is launching this summer, so now is the time to join this exciting adventure!
As our Developer Evangelist, you’ll be responsible for attracting developers to the platform and empowering them to build and deploy CV applications on the edge. You’ll act as an authority on the alwaysAI technology and product, and craft content to inspire and empower developers and enterprise partners to work with alwaysAI.
Most likely, you’ve done this before – i.e., you have proven success working with and growing a developer community; you’ve created technical content (videos, white-papers, blog posts, webinars, etc.) for developers; you thrive at developer community events. You are super excited about the potential of AI, and computer vision in particular, and truly enjoy working with developers to make their applications come alive.
- Build awareness of alwaysAI’s deep learning computer vision platform and grow our developer, enterprise and partner communities.
- Create content the community values – including how-to guides, reference architectures, code samples, trainings, demos, etc.; and help distribute the content across a variety of channels (web, social, blogs, etc.).
- Be the voice of alwaysAI in developer communities – both online and in-person (for example, speaking at industry events, participating in meetups, demonstrating the product, etc.).
- Optimize the developer experience on our platform by bringing the voice of the customer to the engineering team to eliminate pain points, accentuate positives, improve quality, etc.
- Drive registrations and subscriptions to the alwaysAI platform; track key metrics on awareness, registration, engagement, subscription, etc.
- Relevant experience as an external-facing technologist at the intersection of product and business (e.g. as a developer advocate, developer evangelist, sales engineer, solution architect, community manger, product manager, etc.)
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal, particularly on technically complex topics – you’ve produced developer content; you’ve presented developer content.
- Active member of the developer community – you have hands-on experience with developer forums – you know how they operate and have genuine passion for enabling and advocating for developer success
- You are self-motivated: You can work with a minimum of supervision and be capable of strategically prioritizing multiple tasks in a proactive manner.
Nice to Haves
- You’re already a contributing member of communities like: hackster.io, Medium, GitHub, Stack Overflow, or meetups/forums for Python, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Vision, Data Science, Internet of Things, etc.
- You have first-hand experience working with and/or developing machine learning or computer vision applications.
- You have first-hand experience with developer boards, robotics, smart cameras, drones, wearables, etc.
- You bring solid contacts from enterprise IoT, AI solution providers or hardware partners.